If you are ready to add the ultimate home accessory with a custom in-ground swimming pool, your choice of contractor is a critical one. As you can imagine, there are many pool contractors in Australia (we have one of the highest pool ratios in the world) and when searching for a local contractor, it is important to do your homework.
Here are some aspects of a good pool contractor to help you make the right decision.
- Established in the Community – The ideal company would have been installing pools in the community for a few years and would have many customer testimonials, plus a few albums of finished projects to give you some idea of design options. They would have the resources to ensure the project meets the timelines and you would only deal with your assigned project manager.
- Design Team – The design will make or break your pool and this is something to take your time with, using the contractor’s design team to help you come up with a design and layout that ticks all your boxes. Shape, size, depth, finish, fencing and colours are all aspects to consider and the professionals would likely use 3D computer imaging to create the design.
- Complete Service – The ideal company would handle everything from the local authority permission to the final handover and the only person you deal with is the manager assigned to your project. The agreed timeline would be met and there would be a minimum of inconvenience to you and your family while the work goes on and you should have the feeling that nothing is too much trouble. Once the pool is complete, you can book pool compliance in Merrylands from an approved pool certification company, which will be valid for a period of 3 years.
- Transparent Pricing – When a contractor quotes for the project, the details you be clearly stated, showing you where your money is going and the price should be all-inclusive, regardless of any issues that might arise. This is an important point that you should clarify when signing the agreement, indeed, you should have this included in writing.
- Customer Focused – If the contractor is client-focused, the process is smooth and enjoyable from the homeowner’s perspective and the team should quickly establish a rapport with you, as they will be there for a few weeks. Tradespeople that work in people’s homes must have a pleasant disposition and a ‘can do’ attitude, which really does make a difference.
If you choose wisely, your pool will be ready for use on the agreed date and you and your family can enjoy a millionaire’s lifestyle.