If you would rather be productive during the lockdown and are planning to renovate your kitchen in the coming months, this article was written with you in mind. Of course, the first thing to do is determine the scope of the project, which might be new ceramic tiles and a coat of paint, or a complete redesign and refit, or something in between.
Here are a few factors to take into account when planning to renovate your kitchen.
- Calculate your Budget – Prior to approaching a kitchen renovation company, work out exactly how much you are prepared to spend on the project. This will help the specialist to come to an agreement over cost and should you need to take out a small loan, this is a sound investment that will pay long-term dividends.
- Think Asbestos – If your home was built pre-1970, it is likely that asbestos might be present, as this harmful substance was incorporated into construction materials due to the excellent fire-resistant properties. Search online for asbestos removal in Perth and get the experts to carry out a test for the presence of asbestos and should they find it, they can safely remove all traces and you can continue with your renovation project.
- Engineered Stone – If you love the look and feel of Italian marble, engineered stone offers quality finishes at very affordable prices and the online supplier has you covered. They have literally hundreds of designs, all identical to natural stone and you can have top quality worktops without the high price tag.
- Luxury Vinyl Flooring – While we would all love a solid hardwood floor, it isn’t practical in a wet environment, yet luxury vinyl comes in stunning designs using hi-res digital images that are embedded under the final protective layer. Stone, timber and slate finishes are available, ensuring that you find a perfect match for your kitchen.
- Bespoke Cabinets – If space is limited, we advise you to have cabinets built by a local joiner and shelving can be created in the recesses, making best use of space. Talk to a local carpenter who can show you a range of timbers that can be used for kitchen cabinets and doors.
The kitchen is no place to compromise on quality and with a respected kitchen renovation company in your corner, the perfect kitchen awaits. They can design the space based on your lifestyle and within your budget, bringing a new level of luxury and comfort to you and your family.